Friday, October 30, 2015

Stanley Kubrick

Hi! Today I’m going to talk about my favorite film director, Stanley Kubrick. I knew Stanley Kubrick when I was 13 years old, with the movie A Clockwork Orange (he was the film director). That was the first movie that really excites me and makes me love films. I remember that I saw it 3 times continuous.  

Stanley Kubrick was born in 1928 in New York City. He started directing films in 1951, but before of that he was a photographer in a magazine. He didn’t study in the university or nothing after school.  

In all the Kubrick’s films you can see he’s “photographer eye”, all his movies are simply gorgeous. With his shots he can put the spectator in unimaginable places. Apart of the esthetic on his films, the histories trap you and the scripts are very ingenious. My favorites scripts are of the movies “Full Metal Jacket” and “Dr. Strangelove (or how i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb)” , I think I like both ones because they show what dumb the war is, but in a very particular way, with dialogues that make you question a lot of things.

Well, he died in 1999. But if I could know him I think that I would ask what films mean to him and also what he imagines when he is making a film.

6 comments:

  1. yeah kubrick was one of the many geniuses of the film industry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, I also think Kubrick is one of the best film directors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a debt with Kubrick! I have that to see most movies of this director!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched "the shinig" year ago, and I liked so much !
    Good director! I want to watch "2001: A space odyssey"promptly

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't like the movie A Clockwork Orange but i enjoyed the book

    ReplyDelete